Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board. – Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
Above is a photo from reader Linda.
5 things that annoy me – the little blurb also known as “modern life and other inconveniences” IF you recognize that phrase, you are a fan of Ellen Degeneres. It was a tagline for an HBO special she did once. I am stealing it here….I feel free to do this because…well…i wrote it to begin with during my stint as a copy writer…
1. All the lazy “Got” ad campaigns – all stolen from “got milk?”. The most annoying of all time? “Got Hope?” which came out of the head of one of the chicago boob’s minions.
2. Let’s stay on that theme: That godawful Obama Hope Poster. An epic bonfire is in order here. Let’s torch every last one of them.
3. People who stand too close in a queue. Back off people. I might support immigration amnesty if it included forced lessons in what Americans consider personal space.
4. Relentless and pointless ‘helpful’ information while on hold with customer service.
5. Parents who think by virtue of being at the back of a theater or church that their noisy, annoying child is somehow less annoying. PARENTS LISTEN UP: If your child cannot sit through a church service or movie then do not bring them to a church service or movie. You do not get ‘special annoying rights’ by reproducing. Can’t get a sitter? Stay home.
The Gods of Koreatown.
…8th and Crenshaw…