Michelle Obama is done. Take aways:
- The lies told about Barrack Obama from the DNC podium tonight were breathtaking. I’d expect no less. That said – Romney needs to up his game. Lies are powerful things.
- This convention is going after the GOP message hard. Velvet gloves on the jugular. They are taking back the word “success”. It’s a meme that will work.
- Michelle’s re-rebranding of her husband was powerful. Barrack Obama is the wise, calm and powerful guiding leader. Obama understands you. Mrs. Obama’s speech was at many moments spectacular and the message sold. The only low point was in the moment she seemed to beg for the 08 coalition to show up. Overall, her speech worked in both grand and subtle ways.
- Mitt Romney will need every bit of cash the GOP Superpacs have. That’s not a judgement. It’s a weather report on how this will play out. A shit storm of campaign money like we’ve never seen is coming.
- A Lunesta ad popped on right after her speech. Ah… reality always intrudes somehow. This drug will make you drowsy… sleep…sleep…sleep…
Older notes below:
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro is speaking. “Rising star” is overused. However, Castro is one.
More later…..Okay it’s later. Castro has some work to do on the teleprompter reading. But he’s got the bromides of “mom and grandma” down pat. I was moved and this game is not new to me. So far it’s a slightly better show than the RNC. Of course, what isn’t being said is more interesting that what is being said.
Michelle Obama is next….. I shall not comment on the dress for fear of being labeled crass and sexist… but the dress is there. Okay, now she’s starting to talk. One more note: The woman is gorgeous. Slam me if you want to… but she is.
- The revisionist history of Obama’s mama is breathtaking in its audacity. Actually, his mother married a rich Indonesian and decamped to Asia. And Lordy, did she just imply that Obama played “fair and square”. My oh my.